Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Challenge for Mr. Hologram Bracelet Maker Man

I wonder who invented the whole hologram bracelet thing.  Who ever it was, his strategy was excellent.  It must have been something like this - "I think I will put a hologram in a rubber bracelet.  After all, everybody likes wearing rubber bracelets these days!  Just look at Lance Armstrong."

And then, says Mr. Hologram Bracelet Maker Man, "I will market these bracelets to some really big, strong, guys that can run a ball around, who obviously need help balancing! - no, I will give them the bracelets, and take their pictures wearing them during a game so I can tell others that football, basketball, baseball, and cricket players are wearing my bracelet!  It'll be great!  I will tell them, "See!  Look at Payton Manning!  Look at his balance!  Look at his strength!  He's wearing my bracelet!""



I have to admit, I'm being a bit sarcastic.  I hope no one takes offense to this.  I'm a little bit skeptical.  But then, last night it hit me....

I was getting my little boy ready for bed.  I had to first take his clothes from the day off in order to get his jammies on.   As I pulled his shirt off, he fell down.  As I tried to put his jammie shirt on, he fell down.  As I tried to wipe his face off, guess what...he fell down.  This soon became frustrating.  It was late.  I was exhausted.  And I seriously considered, at least for a second, putting him to bed with his shirt half way on, and with no pants!

Then the epiphany!  I should get him one of those hologram bracelets that everyone is wearing!  Then he wouldn't be falling all over the place.  More than that, just think of all of the bruises that we could avoid if he just wouldn't fall down so much!  Think of all of the tears that could be saved!  

So here is my challenge Mr. Hologram Bracelet Maker Man...football players and athletes hardly need better balance.  But my boy sure does.  Let's get some of those bracelets made for kids ages, say, 2 - 4 years old.  Send me some.  Then let's just see if a hologram on a bracelet will keep him from falling so much.  

Mr. Hologram Bracelet Maker Man...consider yourself challenged.  You've made millions I'm sure.  What have you got to lose?  We're the ones who have kids falling all over the place.  Help us!

Oh, yeah...while you're at it, why don't you send some of those bracelets to Mr. Hale in Conway...he (and his great wife) have their hands full over there (with 5 kids!).  Maybe you can invent some sort of necklace as well that will keep the kids from making a mess out of the pantry!

2 comments:

  1. Great idea Scott. Here's my pre-order:
    2- balance bracelets. (For Schaeffer and Pyper).
    1- keep your hands out of the cotton pickin' cereal, bracelet (for Thatcher)
    5- stay in bed...I mean it, bracelets (for all the Haleians)
    1-No honey I don't want to read the Westminster Confession in bed...again (for Kevin)
    And for me...
    1- I have 5 young children...that is why I am over a year late in renewing my driver's license, bracelet.
    UPS please. I need these by Christmas:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This could be the funniest thing I have read in a long time! Thanks Annie - I'll put in the order should Mr. Hologram Bracelet Maker Man take up my challenge!

    ReplyDelete