Monday, October 18, 2010

The Humanity of Unborn Children

The tendency and popular opinion in our day is to think of an unborn embryo as simply that, an unborn embryo. The terminology, though technically correct, brings more of a medical tone than a personal one. As one who is outside of the medical community however, I use words like "unborn child" when describing the image below. 

These words bring a sense of responsibility and reality to the unborn situation.  When we see images like this and use the word "children" to describe them, we understand more how there is no essential difference between the unborn and the born.  They are children.  They have names.


Follow this link to read an article about this little child.  The mother had cancer of the womb and was therefore unable to carry the pregnancy to full term.  For her, this was a tragic circumstance - she already had six other children and was undoubtedly excited about this one too.

Just as I would use the word "child" to describe the unborn, I would also use the word "murder" in place of the medical term "abortion."  I do understand that there are very few difficult (and tragic) circumstances where an abortion would not be considered "murder" - but the majority of cases deserve such a judgment.  For those who are wondering about the ethics of my previous statement, you can email me and I would be glad to give you my case. 

I am convinced that the Lord will use us all in different ways to battle the injustice in our country called abortion.  If you would like to learn more about how you can contribute to the cause, you can visit sites such as, Abort73, Live Action, and Save-A-Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment