Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Daddy! Is That God???

My little girl, now five years old, was sitting with me when I started watching this video this morning.  I'm not sure who the guy is speaking in the video, but the gospel he brings is powerful to say the least.  Of course, we would expect nothing less from the preacher who brings Good News.

About a minute into the video, when Emma finally understood what the video was about, she started screaming, "Daddy!  Daddy!"  I put my index finger to my lips and said, "Shhh! Emma...I'm trying to listen."  But she kept on, this time shaking my shoulder, "Daddy!  Daddy!"  I said again, "Emma, be quiet. Daddy is trying to watch and hear this video."

Then, building with so much energy and excitement that almost shook the computer out of my lap, she screamed, "Daddy! Daddy! It's that God?!  Is that Jesus?  Is that really Him??!!!"

I had to pause for a second.  First, I had to sort through my unresolved (but reserved) beliefs on images of Jesus - just like any good Presbyterian would do... right?!  But then, I was immediately confounded, humbled, and touched when I took the time to see the excitement on my little girls face.  She thought she just saw God; and she was so excited about that.

With emotions already flowing from the video, this sent me over the edge.  I looked at her, trying to hold back my tears and said, "No sweetie, that's not Jesus, but an actor in a movie about Jesus.  One Day, Emma, we will see Him; and I imagine that all of God's people will be saying things like this man is saying.  Won't it be great?"  She agreed.

Oh! to have a child like faith.  I pray that as I grow in Christ I'd become as excited to see my Lord as she was today.

Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment