Thursday, April 8, 2010

It is so much more than just... "Hello"

This post by Doug Walter hit home. This is so convicting. As I look back at many of the discussions that Katie and I have had regarding my role in the home, I must say, that the girl is simply spot on.

When I come home tired and groggy - the whole house turns to emulate my activity. I have learned (and am continuing to learn) that something as simple as the tone of my voice when I say "hello" when she calls, is of drastic importance. What I am really saying when I say "hello" is - "what would you like my love, as I am so glad you are my wife!" OR "what in the heck to YOU want!" - all of this in a simple word..."hello."

Dads and husbands would do well to "man-up" as they approach their wives and families after a long day. It is well worth the effort. The sacrifice is small compared to the smiles one gets when he has a happy home.

No comments:

Post a Comment