Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Piper on The Temptation of Technology

I used to wonder how in the world the old theologians produced so much good material.  John Owen penned at least 16 volumes, plus an additional 7 just on the book of Hebrews!  John Calvin's commentaries on the Bible remain a must have, 20 volume, set.  The first time I saw the works of Spurgeon, it lined the top of two of my professors book cases.  And St. Augustine...we won't even go there.

Then it hit me the other day.  The video below does a good job capturing it as well.  These guys didn't have facebook!  Wow, and I thought it was because they were smart...

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Scott for that find. It helps with my internal discussion and thoughts about how hard it is to survive as a Christian in this land of plenty. We don't suffer the sword much but what we do suffer may prove to be much more devastating to the gospel and our lives in the end.

    ReplyDelete