Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Getting Back to Biblical Hebrew

After I bought my new MacBook, I was devastated to learn that the program mainly responsible for my acquisition of Hebrew vocabulary would not run on Snow Leopard.  Intelex would be leaving my life - and along with it, Hebrew vocabulary!

Ever since that day, I have been on a quest to find something that would work as well.  Though I am still on that search, I did find a pretty good resource.  Quisition is a website that provides its users with online flash cards.  OTProf has been so kind to add countless Hebrew flash card "decks" to this site.  All you have to do is register - with only a username and password (no strings attached - they don't even want an email address).

After you register, you can search for certain decks.  I typed in Biblical Hebrew and voila! countless resources (specific to my textbook! BBH) appeared.  I'm pretty stoked.  Though Quisition won't vocalize the words, it will quiz you and recycle missed words.

So, to all my hommies out there with slippery minds...let your Hebrew slip no more!

No comments:

Post a Comment