Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Just A Little Break

I am taking a small break from blogging.  I think this will be a good thing, even a necessary thing, for the following reasons:

First, I am taking a trip to Africa this week and will not be able to post while there.  For those of you who may be interested, my father and I, along with another friend, are going to Cameroon to visit a former seminary classmate (Gideon) who started Rekindle Children's Hope, Inc.  Lord willing, I will be back on the 19th of November.

Second, I would like to take some time to work on a small writing project with a friend of mine.

Third, I think it will be good for me to leave this fun, but unnecessary, part of my life for a time.  This will allow me time to search my motives for writing, as well as refocus my goals for the same.  It will also remind me that blogging won't save me.

Last, I really need to concentrate on other things right now.  There are areas of my life that need a lot of work and a lot of grace.  If you think about it, please pray that the Lord would give me a humble heart to serve my wife, children (including #4 on the way!) and congregation better.

I plan on starting back after Thanksgiving. So, until then, may the peace of God be with you and yours.


3 comments:

  1. I decided to check your blog today after months of not blog reading. I admire your decision. Have a great time in Africa. Praying for safety and a spirit of unity among all believers! Miss you brother!

    Oh, excited about this "writing project". I keep checking Barnes & Noble in the "M" section for the first publication by Scott Jacobson-Moore!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Cameroon! Say hi to Gideon for me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen, sir! You do what you need to do.

    ReplyDelete